Ask Your Question

Can you add new climate file and multiple shading devices?

asked 2019-08-19 15:38:14 +0000

anonymous user

Anonymous

Hello!

I have just downloaded SSF ESBO 2.2.1 SA and I have few questions.

1. Our project is in Ystad, Sweden but i don´t find the climate file in your online climate file data base. Is it possible to download/load it?

2. I have an window shading, combination of balcony and interior blind. Is it possible to model the balcony?

3. Is it possible to add shading from surroundings?

4. Can we control activity level (met), clothing (clo) and RH in the room ?

5. Can we add the position of the occupant in the room?

I find some of these points disscused in ESBO manual, but not in ESBO itself and wonder if they are only found in full IDA-ICE version.

Thanks a lot. Sincerley, Aija

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2019-11-19 12:07:31 +0000

Bengt Hellström gravatar image

Hello! Sorry for the delay of the answers. Here they are anyway:

1. No, I suggest you use a climate file for a near-by city, e.g. Malmö. There is a climate file for Malmö/Sturup in Sweden if you chose “Download” in the drop-down menu for “Location”.

2. In the newly relased ESBO 2.3 (paid version) it is possible to add balconies, tilted shades and side fins. Horizontal and vertical shades are available also in previous ESBO 2.2.1 (paid version).

3. Yes, see answer to previous question.

4. If you click on Occupants under Internal gains in the Room tab you can set the Activity level (MET), and the clothing (CLO). Relative humidity is calculated in the program from the air exchange in the room and the release of humidity from occupants and equipment. Unlike in IDA ICE, there is no option in ESBO to have RH control for VAV ventilation.

5. No, not in ESBO.

edit flag offensive delete link more
Login/Signup to Answer

Question Tools

1 follower

Stats

Asked: 2019-08-19 15:38:14 +0000

Seen: 24,158 times

Last updated: Nov 19 '19