Ask Your Question

Climate file for locations in Croatia

asked 2020-08-04 06:29:15 +0000

kristijan-matic gravatar image

Currently there is no anydata data in download centrer for any location in Croatia, althought datas existing in ASHRAE database. There is a possibility to create own database but I'm not really sure which data from ASHRAE I should import. Also there is one more problem, when I download from download center I have clear sky opical depths values, and in case of manually importing there is clearness number. How to convert one to another? In short, is there some document which values from ASHRAE (or other database) to import? How to convert Clear sky optical depths to clearness number?

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2020-08-18 13:18:04 +0000

Bengt Hellström gravatar image

Sorry for the delay of the answer. I don’t know why locations in Croatia are missing in the database, but we will try to investigate this. The method to calculate the solar irradiation (normal beam and horizontal diffuse) from the clearness number is an older, more general method described e.g. in the 2005 ASHRAE Handbook - Fundamentals, chapter 31. This method was kept for the user-defined design days calculation in IDA ICE and ESBO, since the user might not know the clear-sky optical depth parameters. The differences between the two methods makes it not easy to convert between them. The best I could recommend at the moment is to either use the user-defined method as it is or to pick a site in a nearby country that is available in the database. For dry places a clearness number larger than 1 is recommended, while for humid locations, a clearness number smaller than 1 is recommended. For examples in the U.S., see Fig. 5 in chapter 33 in the 2007 ASHRAE Handbook – HVAC Applications. All the required data for the user-defined method is shown in the data input form.

edit flag offensive delete link more

Comments

Thank you for your answer and proposal. I will use clearness number from nearest location but definetely values in database for Croatian town would be more than welcome.

kristijan-matic gravatar imagekristijan-matic ( 2020-08-24 11:47:19 +0000 )edit
Login/Signup to Answer

Question Tools

1 follower

Stats

Asked: 2020-08-04 06:29:15 +0000

Seen: 11,963 times

Last updated: Aug 18 '20